Mail Design Consultant (MDC)
Class & Certification
MSMA is sponsoring its Mail Design Consultant (MDC) certification class and test for the Ohio Valley mailing professionals.
Class will be held at Great Wolf Lodge Conference Center on Tuesday June 9, 2015 from 8:00-5:00 in the Northwest Territory area of the conference center.
Instructing the class will be Mr. Mark Hale, EMCM, CMDSM, CMDSS, MDP, MDC who serves as Director of Certification for MSMA. Mark is an Account Manager for Onsite Management Group LLC (OMG). As you can see, Mark has taken advantage of MSMA’s certification program offerings. Mark has instructed the MDC class at MAILCOM and other venues.
He currently serves as Vice President for Ohio Valley MSMA and is the Industry Co-Chair for the Cincinnati Postal Customer Council (CPCC).
This program is designed to evaluate industry associates in postal regulations and related information to provide the knowledge to successfully design or approve mail pieces through the U.S. Postal Service and comprehend information to achieve the most cost-effective U.S. Postal Service pricing. This certification will provide you with the necessary resources for future reference and to excel in your industry career. Please refer to the “Professional certification IS important!” below for more reason to certify.
Cost for the class and certification fee for current members is $105 and $115 for non-members. Fee includes MDC Class, MDC Test Fee, Continental Breakfast and Lunch Buffet. Schedule is as follows:
8:00 – Healthy Start Continental Breakfast
9:00 – Instructor Led MDC Class by Mark Hale (begins promptly)
12:00 – Cold Cut Lunch Buffet
1:00 – Testing is 1:00-5:00 - (estimated test time is: 2 hours online, 4 hours hard copy test)
*Test Requirements: To take the test, it is recommended that it is completed online. This will require you to bring your own internet-ready notebook (also electric plug for charging purposes if needed). WIFI will be available. Paper test can be made available, but this method of testing takes longer.
As always, I am at your service and thank you for your participation.
Chris Henkel, President
Ohio Valley MSMA
Professional certification IS important!
How do you measure what you know and have achieved? How do you instantly “sell” your expertise in many management areas? Certification is a great way to accomplish this.
Top management is hiring more sophisticated and capable management and supervisory staff. Prove you can enhance service and maximize efficiency by obtaining MSMA Certified Mail and Distribution Systems Manager ("CMDSM") and MSMA Certified Mail and Distribution Systems Supplier (“CMDSS”) programs. The process prepares and educates you for specific knowledge areas; tests and evaluates your answers to both multiple choice and essay questions. Over 1000 professionals have obtained MSMA certifications.
The objective of the Certification Programs is:
- To provide enhanced management skills.
- To establish guidelines for achievement. The learning experience will help those tested to further develop their career.
- To award recognition to those who have demonstrated their competence and ethical fitness.
- To improve potential and performance encouraging participation in continuing educational programs for professional development.
Today there are over 300 CMDSM and 16 CMDSS accredited professionals. CMDSM and CMDSS certifications will examine:
- Mail Services Management, (e.g., Manager or Supervisor)
- Distribution, Messenger, Shipping, Receiving or Fulfillment Manager or Supervisor
- Administrative, Office Services, or Facilities Manager with responsibility for Mail and other Distribution Systems
- Vendor or Consultant, serving the equipment supply or service needs of the mail management field.
To qualify, an individual must:
- Currently be employed in the field for five or more years, with at least three years in management or
- Have at least three years in management and two years as a member of MSMA (can be concurrent), and provide a letter of recommendation from their employer or a recognized professional in management.
- Attain 150 professional expertise points in the following areas:
- Professional Experience
- MSMA Experience
- NON-MSMA Experience
A candidate does not have to be a member of the MSMA to participate in the program. The non-member certification fee does provide for a one-year individual MSMA membership. However, membership does not automatically mean you are certified or lower the requirements.
The Great Wolf Lodge and Conference Center is located off Interstate 71 at exit 25. Turn Right off the Exit and turn Right at the Kings Island entrance. The convention center is about 1 mile on the Left, turn left at the first light.
Questions: Please contact Connie Compton, Acting Treasurer and Past President, at: email@example.com or call 513‑629-1850